What is the APU system?
- A fuel cell power generation system that can be
used as a secondary power source for vehicles and
ships that use liquid fuels.
- It is used where fuel is needed to generate
electricity by taking advantage of the possibility
of distributed generation of fuel cells.
- Commercial gasoline and diesel are used as fuel. Emissions are only CO2 and H2O (⅓ level of CO2 compared to conventional diesel generators).
Abbreviation of ‘Auxiliary Power Unit’. It refers to auxiliary power source used for transportation or emergency.
R & D Status
- Development of mobile high capacity diesel reformer under national project
- Development of SOFC stack for APU system with ‘S’ company, the major oil company in the world
|Fuel||Diesel / Gasoline|
|Power generation efficiency||>30%|
|Applications||Vehicle Auxiliary Power, Emergency Backup Power|